So I realize how long it has been since I posted a decent recipe. Who am I kidding…since I posted any recipe at all. Partially all my fault for being caught up in story telling, partially my fault for traveling so much I’ve rarely been seen in a kitchen!
Today’s recipe, dare I say, was created long before even the holidays. I scrolled through my photos to find these…and there is was, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, nestled in the middle of it all!
I put this recipe on our meal plan this week and it dawned on me it never even made it to my Recipage! So at long last, here it is…my favorite meal of 2011!
Vegan Lasagna Roll UpsCourse: Recipe
1 (13 ounce) package whole wheat lasagna noodles
1 (15 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained
juice from one lemon
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 cups pasta sauce
1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles until al dente, approximately 10-12 minutes. Drain noodles and set aside.
- In food processor, or with a potato masher, crumble tofu until soft, but not until creamy or mushy. Stir in lemon juice and Italian seasonings.
- Use 1/4 sauce to spread on the bottom of 9×12 glass casserole dish.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup tofu filling onto end of one lasagna noodle and roll. Place in casserole dish.
- Continue until all tofu filling and lasagna noodles are used.
- Pour remaining pasta sauce on top and on the sides of the dish. Toss frozen broccoli on top and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until dish is heated through.
If you wish (and Forbes always wishes) you can add a little Daiya Mozzarella cheese on top during the last 15 minutes of baking!