In an effort to provide a quick meal that is as delicious as it is easy I came up with this recipe creation. This is actually my second attempt. The first time I made these Pizza Bites there wasn’t a muffin tin involved. On this second try, the muffin tin creates a cute bite that you just can’t resist!
Pizza BitesCourse: Recipe
1 can Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheets
1 can tomato sauce
1 12-oz package fresh vegetable medley (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots) or 1 cup of each vegetable, chopped
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon red pepper flake
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon chickpea flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 package Tofurky Italian Sausages
- In medium saucepan, heat tomato sauce. Add Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, sugar and pepper. Bring to a simmer and whisk in chickpea flour and baking powder.
- Add vegetables to food processor and pulse several times until chopped very finely. Stir vegetables into tomato sauce.
- Slice Tofurky sausages into small discs. Stir into sauce.
- Roll our Crescent Sheet. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 12 squares (3×3 or 4×4). Press each square into the bottom of ungreased muffin tin. Leaving the corners up. Spoon about a 1/4 cup sauce into each muffin cup and fold the corners of the dough over the top of the sauce.
- Bake in 350* oven for 25 minutes until dough is brown and crispy.
Let your pizza bites cool a few minutes before removing from the muffin tin. Using a spatula remove each bite and serve.