All cookies! All the time!
If this week had a theme it would be COOKIES! I am officially on a sugar-induced high permanently! And I don’t mind one bit!
Thursday evening I attended a cookie swap with some local bloggers. It was a wonderful event and thank you so much to Brittany for hosting! (Photo credit to Brittany as well!)
I left the party with a lot of loot, and a bunch of photos!
My contribution were these Salted Pretzel Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies!
They are delicious!
Salted Pretzel Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
makes 3 dozen
These cookies play on the traditional Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe with a twist…a pretzel twist that is! Adding peanut butter chips and pretzels plays on the popular sweet-and-salty flavor combination. The cookie remains soft and chewy on the inside and just a little crispy outside. Make sure not to over bake as these continue to cook on the tray after removing from the oven.
Salted Pretzel Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip CookiesCourse: Recipe
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup softened Earth Balance or other vegan alternative
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg-replacers (I used EnerG)
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/2 cup vegan peanut butter chips
1 cup pretzels, crushed into large pieces
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in bowl and set aside.
- Cream brown sugar and granulated sugar, softened butter and vanilla.
- Beat in egg replacer.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and pretzels.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop by tablespoon full onto non-greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cook on baking sheet for 5 additional minutes. Remove to cooling rack.