Tuesday, February 16, 2010
I have discovered a love for wallpaper today! And I realized that it is very similar to my love for neckties. I have always been jealous of the male species...simply because they get to wear neckties! I love picking them out, I love the patterns, the colors. Us women just don't have any accessory as cool as the tie. And unfortunately I am not one of those women who can pull off a necktie. I would end up looking more like a man than a modern, sophisticated woman. Well yesterday I decided I was going to hang wallpaper in my dining room. I have decided that wallpaper is just so much better than paint. It gives you colors and patterns you just can't achieve with paint. So today I started searching online for wallpaper patterns and now have decided that wallpaper is my new love. My husband will no doubt be shocked and appalled to learn about this new love. He humors my since of style, but if he comes home to a completely wallpapered house, I'm not sure he will be happy. My one saving grace is that his father's house is entirely decorated with wallpaper, so maybe he won't be as appalled by it as I think. Let's hope not! I am really excited about this. There are just so many patterns out there...and I love patterns. Oooh-I got it...Vera Bradley-the only other accessory a woman can carry that compares to neckties and wallpaper. Which also explains my undying devotion to Vera Bradley and her designs! Oh boy I am so excited. I can't wait to wallpaper the dining room...now I just need to find the perfect pattern!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
I'm having an interesting week. Many ups and many downs.
- the excitement of coaching Girls on the Run next week
- the excitement of sitting in church next week
- enjoyed teaching Kids Voyage last Sunday despite not being able to sit in church
- the possibility of something new and great that I can't mention out loud yet
- planning events and fundraisers and service activities for the youth group...watch out, I have a lot of ideas and so many things already on the calendar :)
- dinner with Jennifer at Joel's on Monday- one of my favorite people at my very favorite restaurant
- fellowship group tonight...can't wait!
- breakfast with my fellow GOTR coaches this morning!
- Saints won the Superbowl! Woo hoo! (no I am not a Saints fan, just really don't like the Colts)
- Church luncheon on Sunday...so much fun! I'm so happy Doug and Abby are back!
- Girls night tomorrow night...come on ladies we definitely need one!
- Melisa is going to have her baby girl really soon and I will finally get to know her name and meet her!
- Being productive...today was a very productive day!
Okay...so lots of ups. I am not even going to go into the downs. No sense in dwelling in it. I just need to take it to the Lord in prayer. One strikingly obvious observation is that I don't have any comments above that include my husband. I think we are in desperate need of some good, quality time together.
I like this activity we do with the youth sometimes, and I used to do with my campers...Roses and Thorns. Each day we would tell what our rose (best thing) of the day is and what our thorn (worst thing) of the day is. So far today my rose is breakfast with Susan and Annsley. My thorn...uh oh I have two. I can't decide between them! The cold shower I just took, and realizing how out of shape I really am when I got on the treadmill and couldn't run a mile! Aaaahhhh!!!!!!! Back to training!