Vegan Cheesy Broccoli Soup & another Micro-Muffin recipe!Course: Recipe
- Cheesy Broccoli Soup
Adapted from Peas and Thank You
1 bag soy/rice cheese, cheddar flavored
4 cups chopped broccoli
4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can corn
3 cups greens
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Banana-Walnut Micro Muffin
1/2 mashed banana
1 Chia egg (1 tbsp Chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp flour
1 tbsp ground flax
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
handful carob chips
- Cheesy Broccoli Soup – Directions
- In large pot, heat olive oil and saute onions and garlic for 5 minutes or so. Add 4 cups of vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Add broccoli and corn and continue to boil for 3-5 minutes then reduce heat to medium and simmer broccoli until soft.
- In blender or food processor (you could also use an immersion blender), puree broccoli, corn, and stock combination. Add in 3 cups of greens (your choice–we used leftover spring mix and spinach combo) and puree until smooth. Return soup to stove top.
- Slowly stir in bag of cheddar flavored cheese, reserving about 1 cup for topping. Once cheese is melted into soup, serve with a little cheese on top. You could also top with a little vegan sour cream or cream cheese.
- Banana-Walnut Micro Muffin – Directions
- Mix together banana, chia seed, oil, and vanilla. In separate bowl combine flour, flax, and baking powder. In lightly greased coffee cup, combine wet with dry ingredients. Stir in walnuts and carob chips. Pop in microwave for 2 1/2- 3 minutes. Enjoy!
This soup was hearty and delicious and very quick and easy to make. I of course ate mine with more Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Chips!
Today’s eats included a Banana-Walnut Micro-Muffin and more leftover salad and sweet potato pancakes!
Well if yesterday was the least productive day ever, then today made up for it! I lifted weights at the gym at 6:30am! Followed by another Aqua Jogging work out. I then got to work organizing all the race supplies, cleaning my office and my garage. I babysat the kiddos and then had dinner with my fitness challenge girls. I only owed $6 for the entire month of November (3 missed workouts). $4 from anniversary week (whoops!) and $2 for last week’s missed yoga session. I should get bonus points for all the cardio I have been doing!
Tomorrow is an early wake-up call! I’m out the door at 5:05am! Pick up Angie at 5:15 and yoga in Charlotte at 6am! All for a free breakfast at the Dowd Y! The things we will do! Have a great evening! I’m off to watch the Biggest Loser!