After all those savory Memorial Day BBQ and Picnic ideas, it is about time for something a little bit sweeter. Enter the most fantastic dessert I think I have ever made…and it was sooo easy!
These Ice Cream Cupcakes are a gem and you must try them now! The ingredient list is pretty short and simple, and they take no time to whip together. Forbes and I are attending a Memorial Day BBQ tomorrow and these will be my contribution. Aren’t you jealous of those attending?!
Raspberry Ice Cream CupcakesCourse: Recipe
~12 chocolate sandwich cookies (enough for 2 cups cookie crumbs)
2 tbsp Earth Balance
1/2 cup Raspberry Jam + a little for topping
2 pints Coconut Milk Ice Cream (I used one vanilla, one chocolate), softened (or other non-dairy ice cream)
18 fresh raspberries
- In food processor, chop chocolate sandwich cookies (I used Newman’s Own) into a fine crumb. Add 2 tbsp melted butter and mix until cookies resemble fine sand. Spoon 1 tablespoon into the bottom of each cupcake paper (about 18).
- Preheat oven to 350* and bake cookie “crust” for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In medium bowl, mix each flavor softened ice cream with 1/4 cup raspberry jam using a hand mixer. You can combine until all mixed, or just swirled. I used a chocolate and a vanilla ice cream for two different options, but you could do all one flavor if you prefer.
- Once cookie crust is cooled, spoon ice cream mixture evenly amongst all cupcake papers, approximately 2-3 tablespoons. Freeze for 1 hour or overnight.
- Before serving, top with a teaspoon of raspberry jam and a fresh raspberry.
And now, please excuse the photo shoot…
How are you feeling now…would you like an ice cream cupcake? Seriously, so easy you must go make these now! Enjoy!