Woah! Three posts in one day! Well you know I couldn’t leave you hanging on that amazing Mexican Pizza we had for dinner last night.
Mexican PizzaCourse: Recipe
- For the crust:
Yields 1 thick or 2 thin crust pizzas
1 cup water
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp salt
1 cup spelt flour
1 1/2 bread flour
2 tsp yeast
- For the toppings:
1 cup vegetarian refried beans
1/2 cup black beans
1 cup roasted corn (frozen, thawed)
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup shredded lettuce
hummus or vegan sour cream and salsa to garnish
- Place all crust ingredients in your bread maker and set to dough setting. Wait 1 hour and 20 minutes-or however long your bread maker says. (If you don’t have a bread maker check out this pizza crust recipe.)
- Sprinkle your pizza pan with cornmeal or flour. When your dough is ready, place on a lightly floured surface. Divide in half if you would like a thin crust (as we did here) and stretch using pizza stretching methods (flip, turn, roll, etc) and press onto a 12 inch pizza pan, raising the edges. Generously prick dough with fork.
- Bake at 400* for 10-12 minutes until edge of crust begins to turn light golden brown. Remove from oven to add toppings.
- Spread refried beans and layer the corn, diced tomatoes and black beans and return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Top pizza with shredded lettuce and hummus or vegan sour cream and salsa if desired. Avocado would also be really great here!