Vegan Sausage Pizza Bites
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheets
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 12-oz package fresh vegetable medley (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots) or 1 cup of each vegetable, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flake
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 package Tofurky Italian Sausages
- In medium saucepan, heat tomato sauce. Add Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, sugar and pepper. Bring to a simmer and whisk in chickpea flour and baking powder.
- Add vegetables to food processor and pulse several times until chopped very finely. Stir vegetables into tomato sauce.
- Slice Tofurky sausages into small discs. Stir into sauce.
- Roll our Crescent Sheet. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 12 squares (3x3 or 4x4). Press each square into the bottom of ungreased muffin tin. Leaving the corners up. Spoon about a 1/4 cup sauce into each muffin cup and fold the corners of the dough over the top of the sauce.
- Bake in 350* oven for 25 minutes until dough is brown and crispy.