It's like the day I discovered Banana Soft Serve. Oh wait, that was somebody else who discovered it.
Or the day I realized all on my own the miracle that is Chia seeds. Once again, that wasn't me.
How about the time I first ate Vegan Overnight Oats and posted all over the web for everyone to know. Or made the very first Green Monster! Wait, those instances were not me either.
I can't take credit for those fabulous food finds, but I must share with you this one. This one feels like it was all me!
And that makes me a genius!
Yup. It sure does.
Vegan Frozen Yogurt
What is it?
Vegan Yogurt... Frozen.
This icy treat will cool your jets. It is as easy as scoop, freeze and blend. Try it with any variety of flavors and perhaps even some mix-ins. Plain yogurt would be great with fresh or frozen fruit. Chocolate yogurt would be an even better decadent treat if you included some chopped Oreos. Your flavor combinations can be as crazy as you are. For now, I'm sticking with the plain. Until I can get over this cold and move on with life!
Prep time: 10 minutes (and 2+ hours to freeze)
- 6 oz. (~1/2 cup) vegan yogurt
- Scoop yogurt into bowl or ice cube trays and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and break into pieces (if frozen in a bowl) into food processor.
- Process until frozen yogurt forms a Dip n' Dots consistency. Scoop sides of processor down and blend longer.
- Continue to scrape and blend until you have a creamy consistency. It won't be as whip like as banana soft serve.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop into cup and serve. Top as desired.
My other genius creation today...